Purpose of the Job: Responsible for supporting the Litigation Manager in the provision and management of the RAF litigated matters in the hands of the panel attorneys and outside 15km radius, He/she will support the Litigation Manager in leading a team of litigation staff and ensure that best practice is adopted with regard to the management of the above named services.
Key Performance Areas
- Development of an effective and strategically sound legal defense in consultation with RAF panel attorneys/ counsel
- Ensure provision of an estimate of the anticipated cost of each significant aspect of the litigated claim
- Ensure investigation, evaluation and settlement of claims
- Verify and analyze data used in settling claims to ensure that claims are valid and that settlements are made according to RAF practices and procedures
- Prepare and analyze reports to be submitted as and when required by Litigation manager and management committees
- Contribute to the RAF overall corporate governance processes to assure efficient and effective administration of litigated claims and compliance to RAF values and code of conduct including PFMA
Qualifications & Experience
- B. Degree at NQF Level 8 or equivalent.
- Admission as Attorney of the High Court or Advocate.
- 5 years’ experience in the claims environment of which
2 years must be on supervisory level.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- Organisational resilience
- Team resilience
- Network and alliances
- Personal Mastery
- Judgement and decision making
- Ethics and governance
- Customer orientation and customer focus
- Thorough knowledge of the claims operating system
- In line with DOA
The total cost to company of minimum package applicable to this position is R591 298.00
per annum and will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
Closing date: 23 October 2018
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in manner that will suit their needs”.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
APPLICATIONS CAN BE FORWARDED FOR ATTENTION OF THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT: [email protected] OR Hand delivered at the 12th Floor Embassy Building, 199 Anton Lembede Street (Smith Street), Durban
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to people from previously disadvantage groups.
Prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting.
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful