- Permanent Intermediate EE position
- Bloemfontein, Free State
- Market Related salary
- Job 2198240 | Ref 14278
- Posted 12 Mar 2018 by South African Revenue Service
About the Position
Job Title : Functional Specialist: Technical Security
Position reports to : Ops Manager
Job Location : Bloemfontein
Number of positions : 1
To install, maintain and repair technical security systems in support of technical security operations.
Outputs and Accountabilities:
- Communication of transactional outputs and queries in area of work.
- Deliver on contracted performance objectives according to set procedures and agreed service level agreements.
- Embrace change initiatives and positively contribute to the success thereof within area of accountability.
- Identify problems, apply known solutions in line with procedures or guidelines and escalate unresolved problems.
- Plan and organise own work in an effective and efficient manner to reach agreed performance objectives.
- Report on transactional activity progression within set guidelines to provide timely information for decision making in area of accountability.
- Ensure quality of work content, minimise mistakes and continuously improve quality, service and standards.
- Identify and resolve queries and problems timeously, apply known solutions in line with guidelines provided and escalate unresolved problems.
- Effectively utilise resources allocated to the job in order to perform contracted work outputs and report on and escalate any shortfalls.
- Be informed on related acts and regulations that might impact on own work.
- Planning of preventative and reactive maintenance of electronic security equipment and systems
- Conduct security equipment maintenance, systems wiring and installation of electronic security systems & equipment as per SARS standard.
- Conduct quality assurance inspections in respect of new project installations
- Oversee the maintenance of workshop, vehicles, tools and safety equipment
- Prepare and submit reports and statistics in respect of equipment faults concluded to be captured on the Physical Security Dashboard
- Mentor student graduates and or interns to ensure their work comply to SARS standards.
- Identify and resolve complex queries and problems timeously, apply known solutions in line with provided guidelines and escalate unresolved problems.
- Comply with and adhere to identified governance and compliance standards and escalate problems for investigation and resolution.
- Drive own performance in order to achieve work outputs in line with required response time, quality and service delivery standards.
- Continuously assess own performance, seek timely and clear feedback and request training where appropriate.
- Coordinate the implementation of process improvements within a team environment.
- Maintain professional interaction and ensure ethical dealings with stakeholders at all times.
- Adhere to specified polices, standards and procedures to prevent wastage on resources and report violations.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
Qualification & Experience Required
- Relevant National Diploma in Electronics/Electrical Engineering/ Advanced Certificate or related NQF 6 AND 2-3 years’ experience installing, maintaining and repairing technical security systems of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and repairing technical security systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Working knowledge of and compliance with relevant standard operating procedures
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Understand the protection and security service environment within legislative parameters
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- installing security equipment
- Knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Conduct security equipments maintenance
- Identify problems,apply known solutions in line with procedures
About The Employer
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process. African Females, African Males and/or People with Disability are targeted for this position.
It is the applicants’ responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated and verified by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and proof thereof must be attached. Successful candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks including pre-employment screening, vetting and integrity assurance testing and will be further required to declare their private interests on an annual basis. Appointment is subject to a positive outcome of the relevant checks.