About the Position
Job Title: Ops Specialist: Technology Security & Protection
Position Reports to: Manager: Technology Security
Division: DIT – Physical Security
Number of positions: 2
Location: Durban and Polokwane
To provide technical specifications for the development, design and systems integration across multiple security technology engagements from definition phase through implementation to prevent the loss of SARS assets.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and multiple process, product and risk optimisation.
- Implement innovative security technology, build plans for installations that affect the organisation.
- Maintain a professional and high-level security system and service to ensure the full protection of employees as well as facilities and property.
- Conduct specialised forensic operations to extract information from systems and equipment in order to submit to court as evidence.
- Ensure that security systems installed are continuously upgraded in line with technological developments.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and SARS role players to achieve predefined objectives.
- Implement and provide input into the development of governance, compliance, integrity and ethics processes within area of specialisation.
- Ensure that completed work adhere to relevant policies, procedures, governance and legislative requirements and report on deviations & discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service;
- Provide authoritative, specialist services, expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders; and
- Security Clearance: GOC Confidential
Education and Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma in Electronics and Electronical Communications (NQF 7) AND 5-7 years’ experience in Security Technology Systems, of which 2-3 years ideally at functional specialist level
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years related experience in Security Technology Systems
- National Diploma (NQF 6) and 8-10 years experience in Security Technology Systems
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Understands the protection and security service environment within legislative parameters
- To provide for the health and safety of persons at work and for the health and safety of persons in connection with the use of equipment
- Understands a situation, issue, and or problem by breaking it into smaller pieces, or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step way
- Must be able to display and build the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct in order to promote confidence and trust in the organisation
- Maintains an open, approachable manner, and treats others fairly and respectfully
- The ability to take all relevant details into account to ensure that a task is completed to required standards
- Applies knowledge and understanding the principles of safety and security management within the context of South African legislative
- Knowledge of own organisations, policies, procedures, services, products and business operating model
About The Employer
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process.
African Males, African Females and People with Disabilities are targeted for this position.
It is the applicants responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated and verified by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and proof thereof must be attached. Successful candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks including pre-employment screening, vetting and integrity assurance testing and will be further required to declare their private interests on an annual basis. Appointment is subject to a positive outcome of the relevant checks.
Putting our people first is an integral part of SARS business strategy. In support of this and our ongoing evolution towards becoming the best employee-centric employer in South Africa, our Human Resources strategy aims to create a high performing environment for our people by role modelling and embedding the right behaviours and values.